- Birth is a normal process, not a pathological ‘problem’ to be solved
- You have the right to be an active participant in your own birth experience; that means being allowed to make informed choices about your practitioners, your birth setting, interventions (or lack thereof), attendees, etc.
- Partners are as emotionally invested in their children’s births as labouring women are; they too need support in order to minimize anxiety and feel involved/engaged with the birth process to the extent that they and their partner wish
- Having a doula is the best way to ensure a satisfying birth experience, that is, one in which the labouring woman feels respected, in control and supported
- I can and will help you to self-advocate before and during your labour and birth, but I cannot be your voice
- I believe in evidence-based practice
- My #1 goal is your satisfaction, confidence and comfort – I recognize that your birth is not my birth and that your choices may be different from my own. My pledge to each of my clients is that I will always respect your choices and support you 100% in making them. I will never judge you or make you doubt your instincts. I know that you are strong.