I am thrilled to announce that, beginning in April, I will be teaching regular prenatal classes at Quinte Midwives in Belleville. These classes are open to all expecting moms and their partners (or other support person), not only those who are clients with the midwives there. This course is designed to help you feel confident, calm and prepared as you approach your birth and new parenthood. It will also provide your partner with skills and knowledge that will aid them in supporting you during labour and birth, as well as postpartum.
Details of the first course:
Tuesday evenings, from 6 pm to 8:30 pm
5 weeks, beginning April 22nd, 2014
$200 per couple ($50 deposit due upon registration)
Quinte Midwives, Belleville
Topics for the course will include (but will not be limited to):
- natural pain management and coping strategies for labour
- the physiology of labour and birth
- positions for labour and birth
- risks and benefits of common interventions (including pain medications)
- postpartum care
- newborn care and characteristics
To register, please fill out the contact form after the jump.