I am excited to announce an early spring weekend prenatal course at House of Wellness in Cobourg! This is a two-day intensive course designed to help you feel confident, calm and prepared as you approach your birth and new parenthood. It will also provide your partner with skills and knowledge that will aid them in supporting you during labour and birth, as well as postpartum.
Join me on Saturday, March 22nd and Sunday, March 23rd, 2013 from 11am to 6pm at House of Wellness, 711 Division St.
To register, please fill in the contact form below. Feel free to email me with any questions.
This course is ideal for those expecting a baby between mid-April and June. The course is $200 per couple. There is a non-refundable $50 deposit required at registration.
Topics for the course will include (but are not limited to):
- natural pain management and coping strategies for labour
- the physiology of labour and birth
- positions for labour and birth
- risks and benefits of common interventions (including pain medications)
- self-advocacy/informed decision-making skills
- postpartum care
- newborn care and characteristics
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CONTACT FORM FOR REGISTRATION WAS MALFUNCTIONING. I have removed it for now; please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to register. Please include the following information in your email:
- your name
- your partner’s name, if applicable
- your phone number
- your estimated date of delivery
- any additional comments or notes about your pregnancy or your needs with regard to prenatal education
If you already submitted the contact form, but did not receive a confirmation email from me, please email me with the above information. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Wondering why you should take an independent class instead of one offered by your local hospital or public health unit? 9 great reasons here.